Get in-depth and on-site training
3-day course in Nordic early childhood and forest education (for Japanese students)
21. – 23. August 2023
Each year, we offer an opportunity for Japanse students to gain new insights and knowledge about the Nordic way of early childhood and forest education, through a 3-day course at a Danish forrest kindergarten.
This course is a follow-up to the 3 webinar series hosted by Nordic Inspiration and Bonsai Institute in 2021 and 2022 respectively. Based on previous lecture topics of the 3 webinars, you will be offered in-depth and on-site training at Børneøen Bonsai in Denmark, where you experience the Nordic way of early childhood and forest education first hand. It will give you new insights into how nature helps children to thrive and develop their hidden potentials, and how Steiner and nature education lend themselves naturally to support your child in this process.
This course is aimed at professionals, who would like to learn more about nature´s gift to children.
You will meet Rikke Rosengren, Danish Waldorf kindergarten educator, and her team of professional kindergarten teachers, incl. 3 Japanese educators.
Børneøen Bonsai is a forest Waldorf kindergarten and nursery, which was founded in the year 2000. It is located next to a forest and to the sea in the north of Copenhagen. The first nursery, Bonsai Amager, where it all began 23 years ago, exists to this day, and a new nursery, Bonsai Skovly in Espergærde, was founded in 2022. Both institutions will be part of the program. Being passionate about sharing her knowledge on early childhood and nature education, Rikke Rosengren established an educational institute, called Bonsai Institute as well as publishing company Blue Pearl Books in 2019, where educational books are being published in support of parents and educators.
You will benefit from:
- daily observation time of a dedicated kindergarten group
- a mentor, which will accompany you during observation time
- lectures on early childhood and forest education in Scandinavia
- outdoor workshops that will bring nature education to life
- visits to 2 other nurseries (inner-city Copenhagen, and in the countryside)
- indoor workshops with Japanese staff
- new insights and experiences to take home and implement immediately.
You will learn and experience first-hand:
- the tranquility of a (safe space for) childhood in harmony with nature´s rhythm
- the benefit and excitement of free play and risky play – and how it supports children´s development
- new ways and methods of observing children and reflecting on their development in terms of achievements and potential needs
- new ways of communicating and collaborating with parents
Day 1 – 3 will all include observation time in the morning, lecturers in the early afternoon followed by practical workshops.
- Day 1: Rhythm
- Day 2: Self-esteem, Self-confidence and Risky play
- Day 3: Observing children and dialog with parents
The lectures by Rikke Rosengren and other educational experts will offer insights into the Scandinavian way of child caring. There will be mention of various theories, which we use in our daily work with children: Attachment theory, Gordon Neufeld´s relational developmental approach, various Scandinavian early childhood education and nature education theories, Waldorf education, etc.
The afternoon workshops will be on topics such as:
- mindfulness with children in nature
- creative processes in nature
- using natures elements in working with children
There will be ample time for questions, reflection exercises and joint learning.
21. – 23. August 2023
Max. 20 students
USD 1.200 incl. lunch
Jægersborg Allé 2A
For any questions contact Rikke on +45 23807464, firstname.lastname@example.org or using the contact form.